Post 9: Changes to my study programme

Hello every body, today I'm going to write about the changes I would like to do to my study programme.

As I mentioned in preavious post, I'm studing anthropology, this is my second year and during this short period of time I have noticed several flaws that this career has.

I'm going to start with the curriculum, we have a lot of important subjects like linguistic that are poorly taught and that happend every semester with at last one subject. 
Although our workload is less than anothers careers, the anthropology department has taken steps to reduce our workload because we have to read a lot and sometimes we can't follow the rate of the classes. 
I think that we need more classes of investigative methods, because a big part of anthropology is based on conducting reseach. In fact, in our first semester we had a class of social science methods, and our teacher said us there were almost graduate students who still don't know how to make an investigation (I don't know if is true or false, but anyway is alarming, more now with the new curriculaer the department throw off this class).

It is also necessary to mention the problems that mentions are experiencing, for example:
the social anthropology subject changes constantly, physical anthropology has problems with the labor field (social anthropology too), I don't know what happen with archaeology, but every time there are more problems.
That's why the studentd have formed committees to try to solve the situation. and start a dialogue with the department. 

Ans that's all for now, I hope you've enjoyed
have a nice weekend 
see ya'














Comments

Popular Posts